Welcome to Uganda, the Land Gifted by Nature! This website is a one stop resource for travelers looking to exploring Uganda. On this helpful guide find information on where to do, things to see, things to do, where to stay, travel tips, trip ideas and advice to help you travel Uganda. This website is aimed at helping visitors plan their trip to any destination of their choice within the country. Find informative country and city travel guides, local tourist information, reviewed websites to get started easily, and regular travel tips, ideas and stories to help you plan a trip with ease.
This website is the best world travel resource on Uganda. It is actually written by the locals who have traveled Uganda and we are willing to share with you all what makes Uganda, a great destination gifted by nature! If you are planning to visit Uganda, this resource features all the traveling links that should answer all your questions. If you have recently travelled we would appreciate your traveling story or tips, especially and travel discounts you have discovered.
Uganda, the “Pearl of Africa”, has ten national parks displaying the best of East Africa. Their Rift Valley landscapes and tropical forests make dramatic backdrops to an extensive variety of flora and fauna.
These national parks offer ‘traditional’ Uganda safaris showcasing the best of Uganda along with lots of interesting adventure activities that include boat tours, forest hikes, mountain climbing and wildlife research activities. Explore Uganda – on the tip of discovery with the safest and most hospitable parks in Africa!
Things to Do
There are lots of adventure activities that you can engage in while in Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. From gorilla trekking in Bwindi to leisurely game drives in national parks, there are lots of activities to engage in while in Uganda.
Places to Visit
There are lots of amazing places to visit in Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. From national parks to game reserves, forest reserves to cultural, and historical sites, there are lots of interesting places to visit.
Why Visit Uganda
Uganda is unrivalled on the continent! It is the premier destination for gorilla trekking in Africa. Almost a half of the world’s remaining populkation of the mountain gorillas live in the forested jungles of Bwindi and Mgahinga National Park in South Western Uganda.
It is also home to 13 types of primates including the chimpanzees, our closest relatives.
Uganda is also a prime birding destination. The country is blessed with over 1,000 species of birds – several of which are found nowhere else on the planet.
There are lots of things to do in Uganda;
- Explore the wild Kidepo Valley National Park and enjoy unrivalled game viewing in the tropical savanna.
- Spot Queen Elizabeth’s tree-climbing lions that hung up in the trees of Ishasha
- Ttrek up the Virunga Volcanoes in the less visited Mgahinga National Park.
- Hiking: Summit the snow-capped Rwenzori Mountains and reach some of Africa’s highest roofs!
- Take on Bwindi’s “impenetrable forest” and go gorilla trekking in the tropical rain forest.
- Cultural Tours: learn ancient tribal traditions and crafts of interesting tribes including the Batwa, Karimojong, the Ik, and many more.
- Lesiurely Safaris: Just relax at your lodge surrounded by the wonderful sights and sounds of Africa’s most hospitable destination.